Saturday, November 10, 2012

Rest in peace J.D (; n ;)

For something like this to happen in our small town still shocks me senseless

On Wednesday, the 7th of November, a boy in our town named J.D. Lunsford committed suicide.

Now, I didn't know him too well, but my dad and my sister were good friends with him.

The schools were all buzzing with it the next day, shows how fast things spread in this town. Even though every topic of conversation was J.D., the high school was, like, deathly quiet. We had multiple counselors visit our school if anyone needed to talk about anything, and overall the atmosphere was gloomy.  

It still chokes me up talking about him because he was such a nice, quiet, good kid and now... he's gone.

You know, it's hard to think that someone like him would hate their life so much that they would just.. end it.

All I ask is for prayers for his friends and his family.

You will be forever missed J.D.

2 comments:

  1. It worries me how many people our age commit suicide these days. I'll admit that I have tried to commit suicide as well, but obviously they were failed attempts and thankfully too. I'm not that bad anymore, but the ones that attempt and succeed, it's saddening. They have so much of their lives ahead of them and so many opportunities that could make them happy. It's really sad that they couldn't find something that gave them reason to live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter how hard life is, never back down... show the world what you're made of and live life to the fullest... Suicide is just cruel, because once the person's gone, the ones who are truly sad are the family members and friends who are now left behind :(
    I honestly don't approve of this, no matter how bad his life is, he needs to think about the people who don't even have the choice at all... Hate me if you must, but there are tons of people out there who wish they can live even just one second longer to see the world TT___TT

    ReplyDelete