Friday, August 3, 2012

♪ ─── once upon a time ─── ♪

nom-nom~
Hai-hai, my cuddle-ful kits~!!
It has dawned on me that you guys don't know my family history, although I don't see why it is imperative that you do...BUT IT MAKES A GOOD STORY TO TELL, so let's get on with Mika's family story~!

So, according to my father and his side of the family, this is their story.
My father's grandmother, or great-grandmother (not sure which one) was allegedly the last queen of Korea (or related to her), which makes his side of the family royal blood. I'm not sure if I believe this too much, but it what everyone on their side of the family says, so I'll go along with it. Anyways, my dad's ancestor was assassinated by Japan (sadly, sorry Miku Q-Q). After that, no more monarchy in Korea. Korea became a democracy. But my dad's family still reigned power and wealth. My grandfather on my dad's side was apparently the richest man in Seoul, Korea during my dad's childhood and teen years. Sadly, he died when my dad was still in high school, so I never got a chance to meet him. My grandmother was a very fierce woman. They called  her the "German Empy (Empress)" because she was so commanding and wealthy. But I knew my grandmother as a funny, loving, and caring woman. Although I was never her favorite grandchild, I loved her. It upsets me that I never got to apologize to her for yelling and being mad at her before she passed away. She actually passed away not even a year after our family moved when I was in fifth grade. She didn't even get to live in our new house for a full half year.... TT----TT But anyways, my grandparents were a very rich family coming from old money and making a large business. (They almost had a whole district named after Cha, apparently o-o how crazy is that?) My dad had servants and butlers and chauffeurs and maids, etc. Y'know, all the stuff a rich family owns. But the company went bankrupt because of a depression in Korea. My grandfather got sick and passed away. But my dad's family wasn't in complete poverty...in fact, they were still extremely wealthy (makes me wonder how much they had before the went bankrupt. i shudder at the thought.) That said my dad and his five siblings (one little brother, three elder sisters, and one younger) all had arranged marriages. (I guess we would call the political marriages because it was mostly for money. y'know rich people marry other rich people type thing?) My mother's mother and my dad's mother were close acquaintances so that's how they were introduced. My cousin's on  my dad's side of the family are ALL DOCTORS!! As are all the uncles, except two. SO MANY FREAKING DOCTORS. ONE OF THEM EVEN OWNS A HOSPITAL...my own family scares the living shit out of me. One of my aunts even owns a condo and a mansion in Korea (Q-Q Why are they so freakishly wealthy?!) But that's my dad's side of the family in a nutshell.

My mother's side of the family is not as extravagant. My mother's family was more of a middle-middle class family. ALMOST EVERYONE IN HER FAMILY IS A TEACHER, and my grandmother was the principal of a school. (What's with all these freaking prestigious positions in my family? = - = makes me feel inadequate) But yea. There's not much to say. My mom has one older sister, one older brother, and one younger brother. I have a pair of twin cousins the same age as my sister from her side of the family and one older cousin who is already in college. She is studying at an art college and is majoring in sculpting. How cool is that?! And then one very small cousin (o u o). She's only three years old and so cute~! There's really not much to say about my mom's side of the family. It's a very normal, quaint type of family.

That said, my entire family is very prejudiced. My dad's side more-so. Because his side of the family came from a very traditional Korean background, they pretty much harbor some sort of dislike for all other Asian ethnicities besides Korean. They don't particularly like Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese, Filipino, etc etc. You guys get the gist. But, they're learning to become less prejudiced. Especially since one of my cousins is getting married to a Chinese guy. He's a pretty chill guy and most of our family likes him.

Well, that's pretty much my family in a very condensed blogpost. *^O^* As annoying, as freaky, as hateful my family is sometimes, I still like my family the way we are. : 3

EDIT: LOL, I realized that my mom was a small town girl, and my dad was a city boy. pfft. like that Journey song 'Don't Stop Believing'

5 comments:

  1. Wow! (*O*) I would say lucky, but at the same time it does quite prejudice (o.<)/ still that's so cool!~ In my opinion I think it's actually a good thing that all this happened or else we would've never met you, and you would've probably been forced into arranged marriage (>_<)p don't think Mika would want that (=3=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaaha~
      i don't really mind an arranged marriage actually.....weird, huh?
      but i would be very upset if i had never met you two Q-Q

      Delete
  2. ; u ;
    that is awesome ('cept for the assassination part and the prejudice part)
    I barely even know most of my family history ; n ; but this.... wow

    ReplyDelete
  3. //starts singing in her head "Don't Stop Believing" now

    ReplyDelete